Saturday, January 16, 2010

Squirrel repellent?

how can i stop squirrels from eating my flowers and digging up my yard. help.Squirrel repellent?
My property backs up onto a wooded area full of squirrels. They destroyed my birdfeeders, ate my tomatoes and peppers, and were a general pain in the butt.





I bought a squirrel feeder http://www.flickr.com/photos/8879785@N07鈥?/a> (not my own photo, but it's what mine looks like) and put it on a post in the far corner of my yard. I keep it full of black-oil sunflower seeds.





Not a single squirrel has ventured past the feeder into my yard. They eat, then leave.





This doesn't attract more squirrels. Squirrels are territorial, and they won't let other squirrels into their patch.Squirrel repellent?
We had a squirrel problem but they left the garden alone when they found easier food in the bins and we could find absolutely nothing that would deter them from bin rustling. Maybe that's the solution, give them an easier source of food.
I鈥檝e read tons of tips, but squirrels are smart and generally get around whatever you try. Some friends of mine have had luck keeping the squirrels off their plants by providing them a steady diet of peanuts in the shell.
bb gun
Get a cat or dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment