Saturday, January 16, 2010

Rabbit, squirrel, and rodent repellents?

I live in upstate NY. Do sent based rabbit and deer repellents work for both flower and vegetable gardens? When can I put them down? How long do they last and are they toxic to humans?


Have you had any experiances with them? Good or BadRabbit, squirrel, and rodent repellents?
I bought the kid of scent repellents that came in bags. You affix the bags to a stick and place around the garden. I can't guarantee that they work but I had no damage of my plants and I live right in the woods. They are not toxic to humans. They should be put out as soon as possible in the Spring because new shoots are coming up under the snow and it is often the shoots that they eat.Rabbit, squirrel, and rodent repellents?
The animal repellants work good for the deer, sometimes rabbits. Try using that and plant some Marigolds, rabbits hate the smell of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment