Monday, January 4, 2010

Squirrel Repellent-Moth Balls?

Last year I purchased some of those squirrels repellent little bags. From the odor coming out of the bags and reading the ingredients I found out that the main substance in them was what they use in moth balls. I am planning to place moth balls in those cloth bags and leave them in the yard this year. Does any body know if they are toxic to plants? Any advises on how to repel squirrels?--Other than placing a yard of chicken wire on the bulbs and covering it with soil.Squirrel Repellent-Moth Balls?
If the active ingredient is naphthalene, I surely would not use it. Naphthalene is toxic to all animals and also to plants.





If you want to keep squirrels from eating your bulbs it would be far easier to plant bulbs they don't want to eat. I've never heard of anyone being successful in a battle against squirrels.Squirrel Repellent-Moth Balls?
I would spray Rataway Fragrance. Rataway Fragrance is non-toxic and non-poisonous and will protect car engines, PEX plastic tubing, T V cables, computer wiring, homes, motor homes,etc...





prevents nesting from birds, rats, squirrels, mice, raccoons, also dogs, puppy's, cats, horses, etc...

Report Abuse



I'm guessing that you have grey- not red- squirrels. I've not tried it, (I only have reds), but I hear that the smell of creosote is as good as naptha, (mothballs). Try soaking cloths in it and tying them to canes around your yard.
don't be a squirrel-hater
You should invest in a commercial squirrel repellent. I know Bird-X, Inc. offers products that are guaranteed to be environmentally safe and animal friendly. So it won't harm the squirrels, but should effectively keep them, and other similar pesky critters, away from your yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment